LPWAN (low-power wide area network)
LPWAN (low-power wide area network) :
– LPWAN is now understood as one of the basic protocols for the implementation of IoT devices for smart cities.
Technical features of LPWAN that meet IoT requirements ;
– Geographical range: LPWAN is designed for wireless data transport between devices separated in range of kilometers not meters.
– Low power consumption: The protocol is based on the use of devices with batteries that last for years instead of weeks or months.
– LPWAN can transmit signals up to 15 km in rural areas and up to 5 km in urban
– LPWAN technologies names such as ; LoRA ,Sigfox and NB-IoT
Disclaimer – This post has only been shared for an educational and knowledge-sharing purpose related to Technologies. Information was obtained from the source above source. All rights and credits are reserved for the respective owner(s).
Keep learning and keep growing
Credits: Mr. Hussam ELRawas RCDD®l DCDC®l PMP®l CCNA l DCCA l AOS® l ATD®’s Post