Shielded Ethernet Cable “Foil vs Braided.”
Foil Shielding F/UTP
- Foil shielding offers 100% coverage and performs best at high frequency.
- It’s not very durable and has poor mechanical strength.
- What type of electromagnetic field is effectively blocked by foil? Higher frequency (30 MHz and higher).
Braided Shielding S /UTP
- Braided shields offer 70%
- 90% coverage and perform best at low frequency.
- This type of shielding is durable and has strong mechanical strength.
- What type of electromagnetic field is effectively blocked by copper braid? Lower frequency
(below 30 MHz).
Disclaimer – This post has only been shared for an educational and knowledge-sharing purpose related to Technologies. Information was obtained from the source above source. All rights and credits are reserved for the respective owner(s).
Keep learning 📚 and keep growing 📈
Credits: Mr. Hussam ELRawas RCDD